Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Supportive and Protective

Question: You said the the media has been supportive and protective of Obama. I can see the supportive part and I suppose by protective you mean that the media have not asked him tough questions. When did this media bias start? How widespread is it? Nancy Lea, Bakersfield, California.

Answer: Nancy, I can't really say exactly when it started. I suppose that there has been media bias to some degree throughout history. I first noticed the media being openly supportive of Bill Clinton. But it wasn't completely protective of him. This was when CNN (Clinton News Network) was going strong. Again, during Al Gore's run for the Presidency, the media were supportive but not protective. The media, I noticed, began to be slightly protective of John Kerry when he ran for President. Now, with Obama, the media have sided completely with the candidate. They totally support and protect Obama. I wouldn't mind it so much except that they claim to be objective. That is, of course, total nonsense. They are completely in Obama's camp and completely support his candidacy for President. I think it is wrong (and sad) that America's media have given up any pretense at objectivity and have come out in support of one candidate over another. Of course, being leftists liberals, they always support the Democrat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home