Friday, August 10, 2007

Those are for non-thinking people

Question: I have been checking your blog for some time now. I have read all your answers ( really top-knotch stuff, Doc) and some of them several times. You haven't quit have you? I really enjoy reading your blog. Please keep writing it. Howie Kemp, Cleveland, Ohio

Answer: Thank you, Howie. No, I have not stopped answering questions. The problem has been that the majority of questions I have received lately involve politicians or celebrities. As you know from reading my other responses, I care very little for either group. Those who do seem interested in both groups are, in my view, generally among the non-thinking crowd. An individual with a gnat's brain might have some interest in what a politician might say now as he or she runs for political office. An individual with a gnat's brain might actually care about some movie starlet's latest date with some Hollywood "hunk." But for people who actually use their brains for thinking purposes, these two groups are a total waste of one's time. Now I do encourage everyone to vote. I vote. But there is absolutely no point in getting excited, one way or the other, about any potential candidate at this stage of the game. And it is all a big game. Most of it is a waste of time for everyone involved. Life is simply too brief for me to waste any of it on such nonsense. When people ask me questions about comments of specific politicians or about celebrities who are in rehab or who are divorcing, etc., I simply do not care. Consequently, I don't respond to such questions. Those items are for non-thinking people. Since I consider myself a thinking person, they do not interest me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like so many of your respondents, all I can say to this answer is "Amen!" You said exactly what needed to be said.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home