Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Birthday surprise

Question: Hi Scot. I have read all your answers to all the questions put to you. I love your answers. I really do. You say you will answer most any question and I have kind of an unusual one. I would like to get a woman I know a special present for her 60th birthday. I want to get her something different and something she would enjoy. But I don't know what. She likes nature, Elvis, and her grandchildren. She is divorced. Do you have an "answer" for me? Thank you. Rhonda, Dallas, Texas.
Answer: The best Elvis book ever written is called Lips. The author is Byron Edwards and he has a website at www.byronedwards.net . You can order the book through his website and, if you have enough time before the birthday, you can get the author to personalize the book. I know she will enjoy this book and, if you have time to get it personalized, she will appreciate your efforts in that regard.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful "answer." I hope Rhonda has time to get that book personlized, That will make an excellent birthday surprise gift. You really do give good answers.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read Lips and agree with you. It is an excellent story and makes one feel as if they are actually spending time with Elvis. The is one of those books that will almost certainly be made into a movie.

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used your answer to this question myself and it made an absolutely wonderful gift. I got the author to personalize and autograph Lips and my sister ( a big Elvis fan for a long time) just loved it!
Thank you for making it easy on me to get a lasting and appreciated gift.

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A couple of months ago, I was going back and reading all your answers. I came across this one. I thought, "I wonder what a book that a genius says is the best ever written about Elvis will be like." I ordered a copy for myself. I find it difficult to say, but you were right. Lips is the best Elvis book I have ever read. My wife thinks so too. It really does make the reader feel like they are spending real time with Elvis. It is a wonderful story. Thanks for letting us know about it. I haven't heard about it anywhere else.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice idea for a gift. I am a member of an Elvis fan club and just about all of us ordered Lips through an online book store. But I really like the idea of getting someone an autographed book as a gift.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home